GPS COORDINATES: 34°13′55″N 82°53′40″W
CATEGORY: STRANGE AND UNUSUAL
1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely – improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
4. Rule passion – faith – tradition – and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
9. Prize truth – beauty – love – seeking harmony with the infinite.
10.Be not a cancer on the earth – Leave room for nature – Leave room for nature.
So sayeth the stones. Richard had the chance to visit here this past weekend on the way back from seeing his girlfriend in Greenville. He said that you have to see this for yourself! It is truly an awesome sight to behold.
The story goes……
The origin of this strange monument is a mystery because no one knows the true identity of the man, or men, who had it built. All that is known for certain is that in June 1979, a well-dressed stranger visited the office of the Elberton Granite Finishing Company and said that he wanted to build an edifice to transmit a message to mankind. He identified himself as R. C. Christian, but it soon became apparent that was not his real name. He said that he represented a group of men who wanted to offer direction to humanity, but to date, almost two decades later, no one knows who R. C. Christian really was, or the names of those he represented. The stones seem to be a guide to our spiritual well being, the preservation of the Earth, and a push towards one world government.
I myself haven’t been to this site. Richard would probably be the one better suited to telling this particular story but it falls to me to be the one who documents our little adventures. He did send some great pics for you to check out. So here you go.
ALL PHOTOS COUTERSY OF RICHARD
Some additional information.
- A shorter message appears on the four vertical surfaces of the capstone, again in a different language and script on each face. The explanatory tablet near the Guidestones identifies these languages/scripts as Babylonian Cuneiform (north), Classical Greek (east), Sanskrit (south), and Egyptian Hieroglyphs (west), and provides what is presumably an English translation: “Let these be guidestones to an age of reason.”
- ASTRONOMIC FEATURES:
1. CHANNEL THROUGH STONE
INDICATES CELESTIAL POLE.
- 2. HORIZONTAL SLOT INDICATES
ANNUAL TRAVEL OF SUN.
- 3. SUNBEAM THROUGH CAPSTONE
MARKS NOONTIME THROUGHOUT
- AUTHOR: R.C. CHRISTIAN
(A PSEUDONYN)-The word “pseudonym” is misspelled on the stone.
- -On the right side of the tablet is the following column of text:
1. OVERALL HEIGHT – 19 FEET 3 INCHES
2. TOTAL WEIGHT – 237, 746 POUNDS
3. FOUR MAJOR STONES ARE 16-FEET,
FOUR INCHES HIGH, EACH WEIGHING
AN AVERAGE OF 42, 437 POUNDS.
4. CENTER STONE IS 16-FEET, FOUR-
INCHES HIGH; WEIGHS 20, 957
5. CAPSTONE IS 9-FEET, 8-INCHES
LONG; 6-FEET, 6-INCHES WIDE;
1-FOOT, 7-INCHES THICK. WEIGHS
6. SUPPORT STONES (BASES) 7-FEET,
4 INCHES LONG 2-FEET WIDE.
1-FOOT, 4 INCHES THICK, EACH
WEIGHING AN AVERAGE OF 4,875
7. SUPPORT STONE (BASE) 4-FEET,
2 1/2 INCHES LONG, 2-FEET, 2-INCHES
WIDE; 1-FOOT, 7-INCHES THICK.
WEIGHT 2,707 POUNDS.
8. 951 CUBIC FEET GRANITE.
9. GRANITE QUARRIED FROM PYRAMID
QUARRIES LOCATED 3 MILES WEST
OF ELBERTON, GEORGIA.
- GUIDESTONE LANGUAGES:
Below this is a schematic diagram of the upright stones of the structure, consisting of a small rectangle surrounded by four longer rectangles projecting to the northwest, northeast, southwest and southeast. The names of eight modern languages are inscribed along the long edges of the projecting rectangles, one per edge. Starting from due north and moving clockwise around the diagram (so that the upper edge of the northeast rectangle is listed first), they are:
- -At the bottom center of the tablet is the following text:
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AVAILABLE AT ELBERTON GRANITE MUSEUM & EXHIBIT
So now you may know more about the Georgia Guidestones than you ever wanted to, me personally, I can’t wait to go there.